Candle Care Guide
Our Delilah Chloe candles are lovingly hand poured with great care. The keeping them working their best (and safest), follow our candle care guide to experience gorgeous fragrance and relaxation time after time.
How to burn your candle
- The first light of your candle is the most important! Ensure your candle is in a well-ventilated room, away from any drafts or fans which could cause rapid or uneven burning.
- For the first burn ensure that you allow the wax to ‘pool’ fully to the sides of the candle jar. If you do not do this, you could potentially allow your wick to become buried within the wax or cause the candle to ‘tunnel’ which leaves a build up of wax around the jar sides and can reduce the maximum burn time.
- Burning for long periods of time can cause the wick to move or slant. Ensure that you only burn your candle for a maximum of 2 hours for each light.
- Always leave about 1cm of wax at the bottom of your candle jar. Do not allow the candle to burn right to the very base of the wick – extinguish the flame when there is still a small amount of wax remaining. This prevents the wick moving or the flame causing a potentially hazardous heat build up in a localised region of the container.
How to care for your wicks
- Ensure you keep the wax pool clear of wick trimmings and matches, as debris in the wax can act as a secondary wick, encouraging your candle to burn fast.
- After you have safely extinguished the flame, make sure to centre and straighten the wick again, ready for the next burn. Burning the candle for too long can cause the wick to move or slant. If you see a flaming wick come close to the jar wall, extinguish the flame immediately and straighten the wick back up when cool and safe to do so.
- Long, or crooked wicks and create a high flame, or smoking and sooting. Avoid this by trimming your wick to 5mm (when the candle is cooled), follow this trimming technique for each burn to ensure you get the most out of your candle each time.
How to store your candle
- Avoid spraying household products or room sprays in the air or on any surfaces near your candle.
- Make sure your candle is away from any soft furnishings such as curtains, cushions, blankets etc.
- Always place your candle on a heat proof matt to protect your surfaces.
Important Safety information
- Never leave a burning candle unattended. KEEP OUT OF REACH from children and pets.
- The candle container will be hot after burning – allow to cool completely before handling. DO NOT place the lid back onto the jar until the wax has completely set again. (A minimum of 30 minutes).
- Our candles are made from natural soy wax – you may notice variations such as frosting, cracking or sweating in the wax. This is normal for natural wax and does not effect the performance of the candle.
- Candles made from natural wax react to changes in temperature. We recommend you keep away from direct sunlight and avoid exposure to extreme fluctuations in temperature.
Did you know?
All our candles are lovingly hand poured using a natural Soy Wax base with our gorgeous fragrance oil blends. Due to the natural nature of our wax, you may notice variations such as frosting, cracking or sweating in the wax. This is completely normal for a natural soy wax and does not effect the performance of your candle. You’ll still receive beautiful scents that will fill your home time after time.